Suggested Interview Questions on ADHD Parenting
Contact Yafa: BlockedToBrilliant@yahoo.com 206-326-8446
For news outlets, radio, and podcast interviewers: Seattle ADHD Specialist and 30-year veteran teacher and school counselor, Yafa Luria, answers these and other interview questions about parenting and teaching ADHD children and teens:
- How does a parent know that their child or teen has ADHD?
- Is ADHD over-diagnosed in your opinion?
- What is the biggest misconception about ADHD?
- Do you recommend medication or are you against it?
- What do teachers need to know about ADHD?
- In some of your writing, you talk about a “treatment plan” vs. a “treatment.” Please explain this.
- In your opinion, what is the parenting practice that is hardest for parents?
- What is the most common coaching issue for teens with (or without) ADD/ADHD
- Why do parents have such a hard time communicating with teens?
- How does a parent create rules and consequences for someone who is almost an adult?
- What is the #1 skill that teens need to make it in college?
- How do you teach time management to your clients?
- What can parents do to support their kids re: time management?
- Is there reason to worry about college if your teen has ADHD?
- What is one thing that parents can do TODAY to improve their home life?
Yafa has spoken to the following groups & organizations around the world: