Few schools in the world are designed with ADHD children in mind, and your children suffer – to varying degrees – from trying to become like those model students that seem to be able to impress everyone without even trying.
Of course, the problem is that your child is trying and trying and trying, and still isn’t able to impress teachers for some reason.
In our February and August course, “Getting Through the Maze of Schooling an ADHD Child” , we will discuss – in depth – how to tailor a legally viable 504 Plan to fit your child, how to supplement the 504 Plan, and how to handle homework, school phobias (“My teacher hates me!”), and how to communicate effectively with teachers and school personnel.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Does your child need a 504 plan and how to write one that will get your child what he/she needs
- How to communicate effectively with school personnel
- Study tips for ADHD kids and teens
- Could it be something besides ADHD?
- What to do when RESISTANCE happens! (And it will…)
- And other strategies for monitoring homework, providing structure, and communicating about school success
- There will be 4 classes. You don’t have to be present to get the information – it’s all virtual!!! Each week, I’ll send out a video class on Friday mornings (at least it will be Friday morning in Seattle). You can watch the video at your leisure, with your kids or without.
- On Tuesdays, I will hold a recorded 30-minute Q&A session for people enrolled in the class. You can send in questions ahead of time if you can’t attend the class, and I’ll send you the recording after class!
- >>> Your enrollment in the class will include a 1-hour Skype or Phone consultation with me! YUP!! For real!!
Here’s some information on schools and self-advocacy, as a preview of what we’ll be learning in class:
Your anonymity is important to me. Your name will not be mentioned in any recordings <
NOTE: August 2 is the last day to sign up for our August class
Copyright 2017 Yafa Crane Luria. All Rights Reserved.