Photo by Tara Gimmer
Summer is a great time to do some ADHD strategy building.
When they’re not in school, the pressure is off and they actually have room in their brains to take in new information.
You can work on…
- Behavior plans: don’t overdo the number of rules. Here’s a good blog post on that.
- Technology plans: How much screen time should everyone have? How much is too much, and are there exceptions?
- A chore schedule. Who does what, when? I love Chart a la Carte, a brand-new company that is making family life and married life MUCH EASIER!
- Better communication, as in both parents and children building listening skills. This is a great book for better communication, if I do say so myself (and all 5-star reviews)
- What to think about when thinking about colleges
- How to talk to school personnel about 504 plans and IEPs (You can get a free PDF on just this topic).
- Focus, organization, goal-setting, and follow-through (This can cause rifts between parents and kids. You might want to check out coaching for this skill. However, here’s a good article on building executive functions by giving kids more decision-making power.)
There is so much wonderful progress to be made during summer break. Relaxation is important, to be sure, but don’t drop the ball on skills-building just when your kids actually have the opportunity to test their power and learn to be more responsible.
Summer Coaching Special!
Save up to 45% by purchasing a package rather than purchasing one hour at a time.
You can choose either
a 5-hour coaching package
a 10-hour coaching package
for you and your family
- The package is good for in-home sessions or sessions via phone or Skype, from June 18 until August 27, 2017.
- You can spread out your hours over the 10 weeks, you can schedule your hours all in one week, or anything in between. Also you can schedule up to two hours together.
- IMPORTANT: I only have room in my schedule for 6 families, so once 6 moms have signed up, I have to close down this offer. I just don’t have the time for more. If you’re interested, you’ll need to sign up for sure by June 2.
Copyright 2017 Yafa Luria/Margit Crane All Rights Reserved
What troubles you about parenting an ADHD child or teen?
Let’s talk! No cost, no judgment, no salesy come-on. However you WILL receive a good deal of TLC and expertise. You can say anything. You can cry. You can swear. Your confidentiality is guaranteed, and I promise to listen and give you hope and relief.
Thank you for ‘being there’ to share your wealth of knowledge and personal experience with us who are ‘floundering’ and ‘lost in the forest’ when it comes to ‘dealing with special and difficult circumstances’. Gratefully yours, Rochelle H, Alberta, Canada xox ((((BIG HUGS)))
Just confirm your time zone and then follow the directions: